At Palmetto General Hospital, we provide resources that can help you navigate your heart journey. We’re here for you and are ready to help you connect with the doctors and health professionals who can provide the high-quality, safe care you deserve.
Cardiology Services at Palmetto General Hospital
- 30-Day Event Recorders
- 24-Hour Holter Monitors
- Arterial Vascular Study Lower Extremity
- Computerized Tomography (CT) Scan
- Dobutamine Stress Test with Echocardiography Imaging or Nuclear Imaging
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Exercise Stress Test
- Lexiscan Stress Test
- Magnetic Resonance Angiography (MRA)
- Transesophageal Echocardiogram (TEE)
- Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery: allows doctors to replace or repair heart valves using smaller incisions. These surgeries include the following:
- Laparoscopy requires two- to three-inch incisions in the side of the chest between the ribs. Special instruments, including one with a fiber optic camera, are inserted through these incisions, allowing the doctor to work on the heart.
- Robotic surgery requires between two and four incisions that are no more than three-quarters of an inch long. The surgeon uses a computer-controlled robot to manipulate the surgical instruments.
- Endoscopic or keyhole surgery uses one to four incisions in your chest for the instruments to be inserted.
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR): nonsurgical procedure that can treat patients with aortic stenosis, a common problem caused by a narrowing of the heart’s aortic valve due to excessive calcium deposited on the valve leaflets.
- WATCHMAN™: permanent implant that offers an alternative to the lifelong use of blood thinners.
- Artificial Heart Valve Surgery
- Balloon mitral valvuloplasty
- Bypass Surgery
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Chronic total occlusion (CTO) PCI
- Complex aortic root surgery
- Complex endovascular treatment of DVT/pulmonary embolism
- Complex laser lead extraction and device explantation
- Complex endovascular peripheral arterial interventions including limb salvage/CLI
- Endovascular Aneurysm Repair
- Endovascular surgery
- EP studies, ablations, device implantations
- Peripheral Vascular Surgery
- Stent Procedure
- High-risk percutaneous coronary intervention (CHIP) PCI including mechanical circulatory support (tvlCS)
Transcatheter PFO/ASD closure
Cardiac Cath Lab
Not all heart problems require open-heart surgery. Minimally invasive procedures like cardiac catheterization may be more appropriate for your condition.
The Vascular Institute
The Vascular Institute excels at performing complex surgeries for vascular emergencies, however we also offer regular screenings to help identify vascular issues before they become more serious.
Our board-certified physicians are specially trained to perform valve procedures designed to repair or replace the aortic valve.