As technology advances, we acquire and maintain advanced diagnostic imaging equipment for CT scans, MRIs, mammograms, ultrasounds and X-rays. All of our services are performed by compassionate caregivers in a friendly, patient-centered environment.
Diagnostic Imaging Services at Palmetto General Hospital
- Bone Densitometry: uses low-energy X-rays to scan the lower back, hip, or forearm. This helps to diagnose osteoporosis, a disease that weakens bones and makes them more brittle and susceptible to fracture.
- CT Scan: combines X-rays and computer scans to create images of the body. The result is a detailed image that can show problems with soft tissues, organs and bones. This unit has the ability to produce CTA studies (angiography) of the aorta and pulmonary arteries, and the multi-detector accelerates patient throughput.
- 3D Mammography (Tomosynthesis): uses X-rays to visualize abnormalities in the breast tissue. This equipment is used to detect breast cancer as early as possible, which generally improves the effectiveness of treatment.
- MRI: provides detailed pictures of the inside of the body using strong magnets and radio waves. This unit is notable for its ability to provide greater spatial resolution of images.
- Nuclear Medicine: uses small amounts of radioactive material to diagnose, evaluate, or treat a multitude of diseases.
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy (Just for Women location)
- Ultrasound: our ultrasound technology uses sound waves to produce images of the body's interior.
- Ultrasound Breast Biopsy (Just for Women location)
- X-Ray: uses a small amount of radiation to create images of bones and organs.